My Photo

My new Bling

RSS Feed

Atom Feed (xml)

Add to Google Reader or Homepage
Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Add Glenn"s Paradise to Newsburst from CNET News.com
Add to My AOL
Add to netvibes
Subscribe in Bloglines
Add to The Free Dictionary

Add to Plusmo
Add to Excite MIX
Add to Webwag
Add to Attensa
Add Glenn"s Paradise to ODEO
Add to Pageflakes
Powered by FeedBurner

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Windows Corrupted

Time flies. I am going back to work soon. After breaking for about 60 days maternity leaves, today is the first day I try to switch on my laptop (normally I use desktop at home). Out of a sudden, my laptop show blue screen and pop out an error message: \system32\ntoskrnl.exe missing or corrupt, please re-install. I try to boot to save mode or my last known good configuration but failed. Opps, it's really bad.
Out of no choice, I try my luck searching from the internet to find way to fic the problem. Great, I found the website teaching step by step. Here is the solutions:-
Seeing this error?
Windows XP could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \System32\Ntoskrnl.exe
Solutions:
Boot to the recovery console.
Turn on the computer, pop in the Windows XP CD.
Reboot the computer. If the Windows XP CD does not boot up, then reboot, go into the BIOS and configure the "boot order" to boot from CD first. Lather, rinse, repeat.
Select R for Recovery.
After getting to the Recovery Console prompt, make certain that you are in the C:\Windows path for XP (assuming that XP is on C:, that Windows was installed into the \Windows directory, and that your hard disk is readable).
Change to your CD drive - by typing "D:", "E:" or "F:" etc. -- this varies per system but is most often:D:
Change to i386 path by typing:cd i386
Copy necessary files to root path (C: in this case) of winxp installation by typing:copy ntldr C:
copy ntdetect.com C:
Change back to your windows path:C:
cd windows
Attempt to fix the boot record:fixboot c:
Try restarting machine - if still nothing - go back into recovery console by booting from cd Then run:fixmbr c:
If it does work but you are getting an annoying boot.ini message everytime you restart your PC now go back into recovery console as above and run:bootcfg /?
Reference the below articles for more information on bootcfg. Be certain to select c:\windows as the boot installation.
Microsoft bootcfg pages:
A discussion about the Bootcfg command and its uses
Googling Microsoft
Windows Server 2003
Windows XP
Another XP page
After trying all this steps, more errors are created and I get to know that this problem occur might due to hard drive problem, it's going to corrupt soon. I didn't manage to enter to windows to backup my files. Shit, I am going to loss my data.
Besides I found some way to test hard drive. See below:-
To run a test on it, you can try the PowerMax programfrom Maxtor. If your drive is a Maxtor or Quantum, it can give you an errorcode that you can use get an RMA (replacement drive.) Even if the drive is made by another company, it will still do a test. Other companies havesimilar tools on their web sites.Download it here: http://www.maxtor.com/en/support/downloads/powermax.htm(you probably want the ATA version.) When you run the program, it creates a boot floppy that runs the test. So you'll need a blank floppy diskette handy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home